Mesa's neighborhoods are clean, safe, diverse, and economically vibrant places where residents and businesses are engaged, informed, and take pride in their properties and community
Clean and Safe Neighborhoods
City of Mesa Code Compliance
Code Violations through the Years
2005-2016 (reported by month)
Number of code violations by year
Total code violation complaints vs. actual violations found
Where do code violations occur?
By scrolling over this map, you will see the total number of code violations (by census tract) and by Year Violation Opened. The darker the area; the more violations.
Incidents of Graffiti
Average Number of Days to Abate
How is graffiti reported?
Keeping the City Clean
- Neighborhood Cleanup (NCU): initiated by residents, non-hazardous trash items only
- Green Waste Cleanup (GCU): initiated by residents, green yard waste only
- NCU-City Use: initiated by City of Mesa staff in various departments for use by residents in Mesa neighborhoods, non-hazardous trash items only
- Neighborhood Cleanup (NCU) containers are more commonly used on the west side of Mesa (west of Val Vista Dr.)
- Neighborhood Cleanup (NCU) containers for the collection of trash, are the most popular type of container utilized by residents.
- Green Waste Cleanup (GCU) containers for the collection of grass, leaves, and other yard waste are used less often by residents, but meet the needs of those who have heavy vegetation in their neighborhoods.
- The cleanup containers are available year-round, although they are least often used in the summer months.
- Cleanup events occurring over weekends are preferred over weekday events.
Police Clearance Rates
Mesa Police Department Community Outreach Events
The Mesa Police Department holds a number of community events where MPD personnel discuss issues of concern to the citizens of Mesa. Below is a map drawn from the MPD dataset that denotes location, number, and type of event. This dataset is updated monthly.
104,918 Total NextDoor members
73,875 City of Mesa households with at least one Nextdoor member
44,481 Member posts and replies by residents in the past 30 days
1,102 New members in the past 30 days